Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Mrrrmrrra Bflugh

That's how I feel right now: Mrrrmrrra Bflugh.

Anna and I are under the weather. It's the kind of sick where I go from walking around in my v-neck t-shirt and still sweating and wiping my brow (which my wife must find oh so attractive) to pulling my hoodie over my head and still shivering.

We have what you might call the fever.

Anna cries at seemingly nothing (if her eyes hurt as much as mine do, then that's why she's crying), wants her blankie all day long and asks to cuddle every chance she gets. Oh, and she wants to watch TV, because it gives her something to do while she's cuddling.

So we've been watching a DVD I made of our first wedding anniversary (about a year before Anna was born) and ... well, those sure were simpler times. There are milliseconds where I feel, while watching my wife and I, so carefree on the North Shore of Minnesota, hiking out on the Gunflint Trail, not worrying about nap times or how late we can stay out ... there are milliseconds where I long for those times, but then I feel Anna's head on my shoulder or in my chest or on my lap (she has a lot of different cuddling positions) and those feelings are swept away by fatherhood and the extra level of depth that it has given my husbandhood.

So anyway, we're sick now. But we're getting better.

But given the fact that we're sick and that I'm shooting a wedding this weekend that I need to pack and prepare for (it's out of town), blogging is not high on my to-do list right now.

And it probably won't be next week either, since I'll be working on the wedding photos and finishing up the design work I've been doing for a friend's book of poems.

To hold you over, and to gain your sympathy, I'll leave you with a photo that I'm going to take of myself right ... now:


Yeah, I'm in the hoodie mode right now.

Did I say gain your sympathies? Sorry, I meant scare the living bejeezus out of you with my unibomber impression.

Mrrrmrrra Bflugh.

1 comment:

m said...

Awww, that sucks that you're feeling so awful! And that you look like the unabomber. And that poor little Anna is so sick.

Get better soon - both of you!