Sunday, January 25, 2009

These Little Piggies Had Tofu

So I'm going to get around to changing the title and header (but not the URL) of this blog eventually. Things are a bit hectic at the moment.

Actually, I lie. Things are quite peaceful at the moment. Liam's sleeping on the couch next to me, three hours of nap and counting... It's probably going to be a long night of awakeness up in the bedroom.

I took photos and video of Anna and Liam's first meeting at the hospital. Here are the photos. Video will come hopefully within a few days.

Like every other human, she loves the feeling of a baby holding her finger.


Liam's a sucker. So much so that mere minutes out of the womb I got him to calm down by putting my pinkie finger in his mouth (he also successfully breast-fed right away ... though I give 99% of the credit there to my experienced wife).

Anyway, Anna got on in the finger-sucking action. It looks like she's trying to decide, in the photo below, where the other finger is going to go.


Liam was breast-feeding and Anna was on the bed next to Jen. She wanted to give him a kiss and a hug again, but Jen suggested she look at his little feet instead. "Can I kiss his toe, Mommy?" she asked. The answer was yes.






The whole fam damily fit on a hospital bed. Ah, the things you do for a good photo.

15 comments:

Tara said...

You have a beautiful family! Congratulations!

Neta said...

Again, congratulations!
The way Anna is holding Liam, all of a sudden she looks so grown up.
Beautiful piggies.

Jen Treehugger said...

Simply gorgeous!
Liam has a perfect big sis.
I feel all soppy now.
(((HUGS)))

DJ said...

Awww - what an adorable set of photos! Congrats on little Liam! And Yay, Anna! Finally, a little brother she'll be able to blame for EVERYTHING... ;))

Vegan_Noodle said...

Congratulations!! Liam is perfect and those photos are adorable!! Hope yall continue to get some rest during naptime!

Heather said...

Such sweet photos. Congrats.

Kris said...

Anna's going to be a fantastic big sis. That's a lot of enthusiasm there.

Peace, Love and Veganism said...

Adorable! So glad you're proving that vegan kids are the way to go! By the way - I tried to get the counter you have at the top of my blog but the link no longer works. I've looked elsewhere but no luck! Help?

Al said...

PL&V, I know! I've scoured the internet (for five minutes, but that's scouring when it comes to the internet, isn't it?) and I cannot find the code anywhere. So weird. I can email it to you if you want. Just sent me an email via my profile page and I'll respond with the code.

half pint pixie said...

Awww... Anna & Liam look so sweet together!

Niecey said...

Absolutely precious.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. Your baby as well as your family is beautiful.

Unknown said...

Cutest pictures EVER.

Congratulations!!

Isil Simsek said...

aww,so beautiful pics.Huge congs!
Make the most of your babymoon :)

LeAnne said...

What a beautiful family!