Friday, February 13, 2009

Anna Meets Liam: The Video

So I promised a video and dang if I just haven't had the time to post it here. To give you an idea of how little time I have for such things, I posted the video to You Tube on February 8th, and I'm just now finally throwing it up here. Isn't five days like a year in internet time?

Anyway, this one is quite a bit different from any of the videos I've posted in the past. I pride myself on minimal editing and as such I hope you'll forgive me for adding some sap to this video. It's an emotional thing, having a child, and I think adding a soundtrack here and there lends the video the emotional heft that it needs.

Also, it's seven minutes long. Look at it as more of a meditation.

You may notice that Anna's voice is raspy on the second day of the video. This is because she cried quite a bit the night before we came home. She missed her mom and dad.

My favorite line from the video: "He's suckin' mommy's finger. He likes to suck."

8 comments:

Jen Treehugger said...

I was OK until Nick Drake started playing then I reached for the tissues!
Awesomely amazing video and a lovely peek into your wonderful beautiful life.
I love it when Anna strokes Liam's head - so adorable.
(((HUGS)))

Britta said...

That was the sweetest video... I'm not sure if it's the hormones, but I totally teared up.

LOVE!

Liz said...

Yep. This video is a total tear-jerker! Happy tears, though!

Haven said...

Yeah - I dont even know you and maybe its the hormones for me too - or the music - I dunno - but I had to reach for the tissues too. Thanks for letting us share a little glimpse of your wonderful life. You have the most beautiful little ones and it makes my heart sing to know they are being raised with a love of animals and a vegan dad.

DJ said...

Just lovely!! Such a special, precious moment, introducing your firstborn to your new arrival... as an aside, that cookie that Jen's at about 2 mins in eating looks really good! I know - everyone else is touched by the soundtrack, I'm touched by the snacks... (^_^)

Jacqueline DuBois said...

Total tear jerker. :) It's beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I loved watching Anna be so loving to little Liam :) And I have to agree, that cookie DID look good! My favorite part was at the end when she was hugging him. so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Al - this is beautiful. I'm so glad I had a chance to peak into the Nowatzki Family (full addition) life! It brought me to a very warm and happy place.

We miss you guys!
Kelly