Sunday, April 12, 2020

Egg Replacer Hunt!

Well hello there! It's been years and years since I've written anything on this blog. Hell, it's been years since I've even said the word "blog." But something happened this morning that made me laugh and I thought it might do the same for you. And in these times of quarantine and high anxiety, laughter is something we're all in dire need of.

It's Easter. Usually we go to my sister's place and celebrate with her family, do the big plastic egg hunt in their nice big yard with the cousins, eat vegan frittata, etc.

For obvious reasons, that's not happening this year. Instead, we're keeping ourselves and others healthy by staying home. We don't have any eggs in the house (obviously no real eggs, but also no plastic eggs). And to top it all off, it's snowing!

So last night we were sitting in our new basement (oh yeah, we just moved into a new house a week ago) and I was thinking about what sort of hunt we could have. Here's what I came up with:


It's an egg replacer hunt, y'all!

So this morning the kids woke up, ate breakfast and then hunted around our house for 6 bananas, three jars of applesauce, one container of Ener-g egg replacer, and one bag of flax seed. The bonus item was a small spice jar of Spero egg salt.

It was super fun and I think I may have just started a new family tradition!


The last time I posted a photo of Anna and Liam on here was 2013. Liam was 4 and Anna was 6. Liam is now 11 and Anna is 13. So yeah, it's been a while!

A lot has happened in the years since I last posted.
-We started a podcast over 5 years ago: www.childrenoftheforce.com
-Anna is in her last year of middle school
-Liam his in his last year of elementary school
-Liam released his first album a few weeks ago: https://hoodieboss.bandcamp.com
-I left my position of stay-at-home-dad and became a teaching assistant

And countless other things.

Well, that was a fun little check in. Maybe I'll do this again before another 7 years go by!


No comments: