Monday, October 4, 2010

North Dakota in September

We took a trip to North Dakota in early September to visit my parents. Here are some photos.


No late-fall stay at Grandpa and Grandma's is complete without a walk to Grandpa's gardens (and without taking home boxes of fresh vegetables).



I tried to get one of Anna in the corn, sort of like I got when she was just over a year old. 


Just for the heck of it, here's the one I took back in September of 2007.


Wow, that's really weird to look at those two together. I forget how long it's been.

Anyway, Liam loved running through the corn, too.



Then the corn attacked him!


I really like this next one. You can see Anna in the foreground and then Liam, but way back there is my dad getting eaten by the corn.


My dad scratched Anna and Liam's name into pumpkins with a pole barn nail (and he did the same for the other 7 grandkids and other people's grandkids in town, too). I talked to him last night and all of the pumpkins are picked and orange and ready to go. I wish we were less than 6 hours away.



This is as busy as it gets when we visit my parents' house. Which is why we love going there.


Then we visited some more family in Carrington, ND.



A good time was had by all.

1 comment:

Hase said...

I love your pics, all of them.... but especially the one of Anna with the carrot!
This is what a vegan hunter looks like, I suppose ;-)