Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Hide and Seek

Anna likes to play hide and seek with me. It usually involves me standing in her room and then her running in and finding me, usually saying "peek!" when she does. But today she ran into our bedroom and proceeded to shut the door on me. I stayed in the hallway and heard what sounded like our closet door sliding shut.

I walked in and sure enough the closet door was almost completely shut. The light was off! She was actually hiding from me. It was awesome. If I hadn't heard the door close, I probably would have freaked out looking for her.

It reminds me of the time my mom was playing hide and go seek with me and my little brother Matt. She found me right away, but we could not find Matt. We looked for a long time and he was nowhere to be found. He was probably 3 or 4 years old at the time.

I can't remember how my mom found him. Maybe he was pounding the dryer door from the inside because he couldn't open it, or maybe it was the only place in the house she hadn't looked.

Anyway, our dryer is safely tucked in our basement, or as I affectionately call it, The Dungeon. The door to The Dungeon is always closed, and it will probably be locked once Anna gets really curious. The Dungeon is no place for a child.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is absolutely fantastic that she went to hide from you!! what a great moment. did she do it again, or was it just that one time?

Most definitely work on getting on lock on The Dungeon. I just went to visit my little nephew in Fargo. He was smart enough to push a chair to the front door, in hopes of unlocking it and running outside! The good thing is that my brother had put a lock on the top of the door, so it was out of reach, even with the chair. :)

On to your next post!

-elisa

Al said...

She did it over and over and over, but it was just that one morning (two mornings ago). I tried to get her to hide behind the bed too, but the closet was just way too fun.