Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Anna Wednesday #14 (and some stuff about the MN State Fair)

Anna at the Minnesota State Fair last Friday:



That was her face for the entire ride. If you ask her, she'll tell you she had a lot of fun.

The MN State Fair is notorious for it's artery clogging food (as I'm sure most state fairs are). Cheese curds, corn-dogs, various things on sticks which are sometimes wrapped in fried pig flesh.

Blech.

So I always go with a sort of anti-fair attitude, but then once I get there I remember that it's about so much more than the food. It's about ... the animals that are destined for slaughter! Great!

But we avoid that stuff. We go for the rides, the people watching and the concerts (the Flaming Lips played there a few years ago and last year we saw Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings for free!). Oh, and they have a "green" building that showcases sustainable stuff. And a ton of Minnesotan art, most of which is really good and some of which is portraits made out of macaroni.

I'm not kidding.

Anyway, Mrs. Piggy found this awesome post about vegan food at the fair over at The Saucy Coconut, a local blog that I didn't know existed until a few days ago. We got some tamales and, yeah, they were awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate the fair. Just absolutely loathe it. I can't help going to see the animals, and then I apologize to each of them and end up all emotional. Super fun.

Anna does NOT look like she's having ANY fun. That is hilarious that that's her "this is really fun" face. Hahaha.