Friday, June 13, 2008

Another Bun!

Some nights Anna will stay up for an hour after we put her in her crib, just talking and talking away.

Last night we heard her sing Hush Little Baby to herself over the monitor. Our hearts simultaneously melted to a fine gooey mush.

We sing Hush Little Baby whenever we need to console her if she wakes up in the middle of the night (which is very rare these days). We don't sing the standard lyrics though, we sing a version from the book by Sylvia Long, which encourages young listeners to find comfort in what's around them instead of things mom or dad promises to buy them.

Anyway, I digress. After she sang a couple rounds of Hush Little Baby to herself, she said the following:

"Baby. Tummy. Mommy's tummy."

What a smart kid!

That's right, fellow blogospherians, there's another bun in the oven. Kid B (as I like to call him/her) is due to arrive sometime in mid-January.

Mrs. Piggy isn't feeling so hot these days. Morning sickness and all. But we take it as a good sign. She had morning sickness with Anna, and she was born as perfect as they come (I'm not exaggerating, Anna scored a 9 on the APGAR and no baby ever gets a 10 ... as perfect as they come).

I suppose this means I'll need to change the name of the blog in January.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, you guys!! Super excited for you. :0)

half pint pixie said...

yay! congrats :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations :)

I found that same Sylvia Long book at the used book store when my daughter was a few months old and I sing it to her every single night right before setting her in her crib (she's 15 months old now). And on another note, since she was born I've been playing 'This Little Piggy" with her substituting "tofu" for the beef. Almost a year later I found your blog. Too cute!

Al said...

Cool! And it works so great because it's a pun! Toe-fu. I really think the official version should be changed.