Monday, June 23, 2008

This Old House

My housework is going into overdrive starting today. I get to pressure-wash the old paint off our stucco for the next few days. Yay!

So blogging will be light.

It feels weird to do stereotypically manly things. I'm used to taking care of my daughter, doing the dishes, doing the laundry and cooking meals. It's like I don't even know who I am when I do manual labor. I tap into a part of myself that reminds me of my dad. I mean, reminds me A LOT of my dad. When I wear a respirator while scraping the lead paint off our trim, I can smell my breath ... and it smells like my dad. Weird.

Also, I can totally see now why my dad went to the bar for a couple drinks after a hard day of painting in the summer. I really want to as well. But by time I'm done working and then done eating it's time to go to bed.

Speaking of my dad, I meant to write something near Father's day about him. About how I feel like I'm taking on certain aspects of his personality and mannerisms. Also, how he planted several seeds of animal rights in my brian at a young age. My dad is faaaaar from a vegan or vegetarian, yet he taught me to respect animals. There are a few specific examples. I'll write about them later.

No comments: