Monday, October 13, 2008

Vegan MoFo Day 13: Smoothie





So here's the smoothie that I make for Anna almost every day, it seems. All measurements are approximate.

2 large bananas
Fistful of spinach if we have some
1/4 cup frozen blueberries
Handful of strawberries (about half the volume of bananas)
2 tbsp shelled hemp seed nuts
1 tbsp flax seed oil
1/2 cup of soy yogurt
Then some soy milk or almond milk or orange juice to get it to the desired consistency. I usually put the blender on "liquefy" and then go do something else for a minute.

Blend until it's all one color and there you go. This makes about three coffee cups full.

I added some blackstrap molasses to it the other day. It was good and even healthier. It bitters it up a little though. So I put agave nectar in there to counter the bitter.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy sh--! Can she drink all of this? I'm not sure I could - but it does look delicious.

Zoey said...

Hi Al,

This smoothie looks delicious. I keep thinking about trying smoothies in the morning and this one looks like an easy one. Thank you for the idea!

Isil Simsek said...

Lovely!My daughter doesn't enjoy smoothies yet.

Al said...

Mindy - Anna eats about half of what you see there. But if I let her, she'd probably down the whole thing.

Zoey - You're welcome!

Isil - She'll get there. Kids always come around to the awesomeness of drinking through a straw.

half pint pixie said...

Oh that looks so good! I must try and make some for Littlepixie soon, she hasn't taken to smoothies or soup yet, but she loves water, so I shouldn't complain :)