Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Vegan MoFo Day 7 - Snobbery Survey
Liz over at Food Snobbery is My Hobbery (which I vote for best blog name ever) has posted a survey! In doing so, she has given all of us VeganMoFoers a worry-free day. What's easier than answering questions? I guess not posting anything would be easier, but this is the Vegan Month of Food and that is unacceptable.
1. Name a song that involves food in some way.
"French Fries with Pepper" by Morphine
2. What criteria do you use when choosing a new cookbook to buy?
I need to see a lot of food made from it on various food blogs. And it needs to have a good index.
3. What did you eat today?
Smoothie, tortilla filled with nacho "cheese" and chili and taco sauce (it was an improvised lunch), potato chips and Better 'n' Sour Cream, Spinach Enchiladas (recipe from Vegan Family Favorites), Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter, Chocolate and Marshmallow Rice Krispie Bars (but I didn't cover them in chocolate this time), and a couple chocolate covered peanut butter pretzel bites ... oh and coffe, soymilk and water.
4. Name a vegan food that you know exists but you have never tried.
5. The Food Network just called and needs you to start your new show tomorrow. What will the title of the show be?
Cruelty-Free Comfort Food
6. Favorite hot sauce or other spicy condiment?
I really like red hot taco sauce.
7. How old were you when you became vegetarian/vegan?
Vegan at 22. I was never vegetarian.
8. Favorite vegan cheeze?
Follow Your Heart Nacho Cheese (melt it with a bit of taco sauce and eat with tortilla chips!)
9. Cutest baby animal?
Human ... but then I'm biased, I guess.
10. Favorite type of jam/jelly/marmalade/preserves?
Oh boy ... I guess plain old grape jelly from the store. I've never branched out in this regard.
11. Do you take any vitamins/supplements?
B12 and DHA
12. What food/dish most embodies the Fall season?
13. What food would you have a hard time living without?
14. Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?
15. It's 10PM and you're starving. What do you eat?
Saltines with peanut butter.
16. If you have an animal companion, what is his/her favorite food?
We have no companion animal, so I'll answer the question using my daughter instead. Currently, I think it's garlic sesame sticks or graham crackers. Or frozen blueberries.
17. Worst injury you've gotten in the kitchen?
Sliced my thumb when I broke a glass washing dishes. No biggie though.
18. When you have a food-related question, who do you call?
19. Summer is ending- What food will you miss most?
20. What snacks do you keep in your purse/backpack/desk at work?
I don't work! But when I did I almost always had a bag of raw cashews close at hand.
21. Favorite soup to make on a rainy day?
Dumpling soup, again.
22. What's your favorite combination of fresh vegetable and/or fruit juices?
Apples, bananas and blueberries.
23. Favorite brand of root beer?
Sprecher. Their beer beer rocks even harder.
24. Make up your own question! - Favorite cooking utensil or dish? My cast iron skillet.