Sunday, October 19, 2008

Vegan MoFo Day 20 - Pumpkin Soy Cream



"I am a soy cream GOD!!!"

These are the words that humbly came out of my mouth Saturday night after I made pumpkin soy cream.

Do you like pumpkin pie? Then you'll want to copulate with this soy cream. I seriously cannot believe how good it is. I don't think I've ever had pumpkin flavored ice cream before - even before I went vegan - so I don't have much to compare it against. But I am a huge fan of pumpkin pie. I could eat a whole pie in a sitting if you let me. I kid you not.


So, like I said, if you like pumpkin pie then you'll want to get down and dirty with this pumpkin soy cream.

Ingredients:
1 cup cream of coconut milk (open an undisturbed can of coconut milk and use the cream from the top ... should give you about 1 cup)
2 cups soy milk
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 box of silken tofu
15 oz can of pumpkin pie mix

Instructions:
Blend all ingredients in a blender until it's all one color. Then follow your ice cream maker's instructions.


To paraphrase a favorite campfire song of mine: Oh lord, it's hard to be humble when your pumpkin soy cream is perfect in every way.

9 comments:

Lindsay I-F said...

ooooo yummy that sounds so good!

Meg said...

That sounds amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

Is there any left? If so, Zach and I will come to visit on Wednesday...

Al said...

There's a pretty good chance we'll have some left on Wednesday. Come on over!

Al said...

But none for Zach. That kid is crazy enough the way it is.

Jen Treehugger said...

PUMPKIN ICE CREAM!!
GENIUS!!

Anonymous said...

It's weird, because I don't think I ever sang that campfire song, and we grew up in the same place....huh.

"Oh lord, it's hard to be humble when you're pumpkin soy cream is perfect in every way."

Al said...

Oh, mmg, you didn't hang out at the cool campfires then.

tofufreak said...

that looks so good!!!!

sounds like a great idea for thanksgiving :D

pumpkin ice cream pie..... *cravings*