Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Vegan MoFo Day 28 - Little Piggy


Here's Anna's, "oh-no-dad-did-you-remember-to-write-a-veganmofo-post-today?" look:


It's a pretty specific look.

And no. I didn't. Though I wonder if this one counts?

She is wearing a bib in that photo. I guess I could talk about what she's been eating lately. That's about food, right?

Smoothies. Frozen blueberries and frozen peas. Peanut butter sandwiches (today she had one with just a little grape jelly in there). Almond milk. Soy milk. Water. Guacamole.

She loves guac. In fact, she pretends to make guac a lot. She sits at her little table and uses her stacking cups as bowls and then she'll use mini maracas as the spoons and forks and say that she's making guacamole (which she pronounces with near perfection).

I ask her what she's going to put in there and she usually says garlic first. Atta girl.

She always wants to know what's in everything. If there's ever more than two ingredients in something she'll ask, "What's in there daddy?" and then I'll tell her everything that I put in it, including individual spices and the oil that it was cooked in (when the food was cooked in an oil ... which is often in our house). So I'll tell her all the ingredients and she'll be satisfied.

Until a couple minutes later when she'll ask as if for the first time, "What's in there daddy?" I tell her as many times as she asks. But sometimes I single out an ingredient. Like I'll answer just garlic.

And then she asks again and I'll say, juice from a lime. And so on and so forth.

Well there you go. There's a post about food. That wasn't so hard.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Photo!! It is interesting to know more details about that adorable little girl!! Jeremy and I are coming for thanksgiving for sure now, I forgot to mention that to Jen!!

Neta said...

You're raising a little vegan chef! :)
You have to put an audio\video of Anna saying guacamole, it sounds too cute to be true.

Jen Treehugger said...

*squishes Anna's cheeks*

Bex said...

looks like Anna is keeping you on your toes